SUNVEK installs roof coatings for commercial, industrial and agricultural buildings. With over 30 years of experience in the industry SUNVEK has the right people, knowledge and expertise to ensure a long lasting high quality coated roof. Aging roofs may have ponding areas, extreme cracking around the perimeter, pipes and penetrations. This is where SUNVEK can help. By applying spray foam to these areas before coatings, we can help get the water off of your roof and create a permanent long lasting water proof system.
Benefits of Roof Coatings
In many cases roof coatings may be used to re-cover and repair existing aging roofs. Normally this provides tremendous cost savings for property owners since it defers the need to tear off or replace an existing roof system. Applying coatings to a roofing system provides added protection and weather durability. Building owners can see a decrease in energy bills by 10-15%, the coating system can pay for itself with in 5 years.
Can be applied to:
- Spray Polyurethane Foam
- Mod Bit
- Single Ply Membranes, Tpo, Rubber, Pvc, EPDM
- Cap Sheet
- Rolled Roof
- BUR Built up roofing
- No seams or joints: Elastomerics seal the roof surface, protecting it from rain and wind driven damage. The elastomeric roof coating resists deterioration from dirt and dust accumulation, giving them great durability
- Energy Efficient: White is the most common color for elastomeric because it reduces thermal transfer by reflecting sunrays away from the roof. This “cool roof” reflectivity lets your HVAC units run less, saving you on utility bills.
- Coating Cost: Elastomeric roof coatings cost substantially less than other roofing systems. Budget-conscious facility owners can save money while extending the life of their roof 10 years or more.
- Quick Installation: Elastomeric roof coatings go on quickly, and require little manpower.
- Light Weight: Elastomeric coatings do not add much weight to the roof so there is no detrimental affect to your building’s structure.
- Reduction of costs over the life of a roof: Because of the reduction in thermal transfer and elastomeric properties, your roof will last longer and have less leaks.
Silicone coatings have long life expediencies, with most manufacturers giving a 50 yr material warranty.
- Eliminates the need to tear off & replace roof.
- Can be applied to most roof surfaces.
- Provides a seamless, durable, and flexible coating.
- Waterproof – standing (ponded) water is no problem.
- Maintains flexibility at extreme temperatures (-100°F to 500°F).
- Reflective white color reduces cooling costs.
- Unaffected by ozone and UV.
- Protects underlying roof.
- Does not support mold or mildew.
- Excellent hail and impact resistance.
- Solvent-free material is virtually odorless.
- Moisture cured
- Saves up to 75% in application and maintenance costs compared to traditional roofing methods.
- One of the most important silicone roof coating benefits is that they have higher solids content than elastomeric, and therefore can be applied thicker in a single coat without compromising on application quality and effectiveness when cured. This saves on labor costs and time on the roof.